• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ADD med giving frequent case of the ruthless shits (high risk situation)

Status
Not open for further replies.

manic_panic

Bluelighter
ok, this seems like the right place for this question. i haven't been able to get ahold of my doctor for quite some time. i've been taking 40mg of Vyvanse in the AM for about a month. if not everyday then every other day around noon and/or the evening, I feel the sudden urge to just shit right there. its very uncomfortable as you can imagine and its always a painful bathroom experience and its not normal looking if that makes sense. sorry this is pretty gross...but what the hell is going on here??? there's gotta be a way to stop it right? maybe with herbs? cuz i can't take immodium everyday or whatever. also it makes me sweat profusely, which can be annoying, but not nearly as much as the random offbeat moment to use the bathroom or else. anyhow i'm aware that its a stimulant and they often do this, i need the med but what the fuck, i cant keep feelin like this. i feel like its tearing my insides up

Last edited:
I have taken vyvanse and I experienced this problem. I think its because the vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine) is not the active compound, it must be converted to dextroamphetamine by trypsin in the small intestine; so when it is converted, the dexamp massively stimulates the digestive track and makes you have to shit.

I've wondered about this too. I always thought it was just the dex, as coming up on most stimulants gives me a general urge to drop the kids off, so to speak.

Try taking some probiotics, either in supplements (dubious effectiveness) or in that girlie yogurt. That helped a lot when I had antibiotic-related distress, although the connection to vyvanse-related issues is beyond my understanding. Still, it never hurts to have some extra help in the digestive process.

Whether or not that helps, make sure you're drinking a LOT more water than usual, the vyvanse is already drying you out. Gatorade or something else with electrolytes will help rehydrate you faster. Don't underestimate the importance of hydration in a situation like yours, you really can't overdo it (ok you can, but let's be realistic here).

yes, on most any stimulant i feel the need to almost instantly go deuce.

pretty normal i believe. as roger explained it stimulates the body.

you probably also, sweat, cough up stuff, and urinate more, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.